Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, to Him to be glory in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen. {Ephesians 3:20}

Monday, September 5, 2016

Starting the school year

Some of the schools have already started, but for the rest of Michigan schools - tomorrow is the first day. It's also a day that Mike and I had hopes for. We had hoped that by this time, our home would be filled with the first day of school jitters and excitement. We had hoped that by this time, our children would be settled in our home. We had hoped to be coming home from a Labor Day camping trip as a family of more than two. We had hoped. 

I'm just going to come right out and say it - we could use your prayers, friends. Our prayer has changed from "Lord, let them be home by Labor Day" to "Lord, let them be home by Christmas". And I cannot express to you in words how hard it is to think that it's possible we will have another holiday season without them. We are fighting hard for hope and our enemy is working very hard to point out and highlight how long this journey has become and how it would be easier to look to the future with pessimism and hopelessness. We are both hearing lies and feeling defeated. It's hard. And it's not where I want us to be dwelling. 

So I'm asking for your prayers. Please intercede for us and pray for overwhelming hope in our souls and ridiculous joy. I say "ridiculous" and I mean it. I want joy that makes no sense for us to have right now - only explained by the name of Jesus. 

We are told to pray without ceasing (1 Thessalonians 5:17) and we are. We could just use some backup. Thank you for still walking with us. We love you. 

3 comments:

  1. Sweetie, I was thinking this holiday might have been a "wish date milestone" for you. I missed being with you this weekend. �� I will pray for that hilarious joy and the peace that passes ALL undrstanding. I will also pray, that God, as only He alone can do, will make these days of continued anticipation for the delivery of your precious little ones, be days of faith strengthing. We know that a Mommy & Daddy "strong as towers" are the firm foundation your children will build their little lives upon. God is actively and lovingly laying your foundation brick by brick. He loves you and hasn't forgotten the promise He gave you so long ago. He loves you & Michael.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are many times where I look at you and think "I am so lucky to have her as my big sister". This is one of those times. I can only imagine how frustrated you and Mikey have to be feeling right now, but I know in my heart that things are going to work out for you. I've already anticipated buying little presents for my niece and/or nephew this Christmas. I love you with every fiber of my being and wish I could give you a hug and make everything all better the way you have done for me so many times throughout my life.

    ReplyDelete