Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, to Him to be glory in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen. {Ephesians 3:20}

Monday, June 20, 2016

Recap: License Issued!

I realize that I posted on social media almost 3 weeks ago that our license was issued. And since then, I have been waiting for a time to be able to sit down and write in here about it. I love going back to read about the moments we have in our journey, so even though it's late - I'm going to write about it now. 

On June 3, we got the news that we had been approved by the state and that our license was opened. Mike was actually the one that got the email. I was at work and happened to stop by my office in between activities and saw that he was calling. We're normally "text each other throughout the day" kind of people, so the fact that he was calling made me nervous. My immediate thought was "oh no what happened". So I answered with a little anxiousness in my heart. His first words to me were "did you get my text?" and I could tell that he was almost crying. Then he said "We're approved! Baby, we're approved! I just got the email!". Of course, I started crying. (And was standing right in front of the door so my poor co-worker was trapped in there with my weeping and laughing self - so sorry.) After SO many months (okay, let's be real - YEARS), of waiting to be at this stage of adoption it was/is surreal. 

Mike ended up coming to see me at work (he had been at the store when he got the email, and just left everything he was going to buy!) and we took the picture to share with you all. And since then, we've been celebrating the fact that we're at this point in our journey (and  we celebrated 10 years of marriage.)

You guys - we're a licensed home!!! We are taking the steps to register with MARE and we are continuing to pray for our children each night - not knowing if the day that follows will be the day we learn about them. Today could be the last day in my life that I don't know about my children - it's an incredible thought and it fully reminds me of the Lord's timing and that His hands are holding all of us. He's not waiting to pick us up, He's holding us. 

As the rest of the journey has been, this stage involves waiting and praying. But, I feel that prayer is even more important now. We're praying that we meet them soon. And we're praying that they feel love. We're praying that they are protected - their souls shielded from evil. We're asking that God speak to their hearts and that they feel the love that comes from Him. I fight the urge to daily email our social worker with the question "anyone for us?". We're hoping to be able to start the school year with children in our home, we're hoping to celebrate the holidays as a family of 3 or 4.

I was completely blown away with how many of you celebrated with us on June 3rd. Our "family" isn't made up of only the ones who we share a bloodline or a name with - our family is made up of the ones who have loved us, prayed for us, encouraged us, walked alongside of us, and the ones who love our children. Those of you who have cried with us and celebrated with us. We have been so blessed and I'm so thankful that our children will be blessed by you in the same way. Please continue to hold us all in your prayers - pray along side with us the prayers that we pray each night. I can't wait for the update that involves the words "we met them".








No comments:

Post a Comment