Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, to Him to be glory in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen. {Ephesians 3:20}

Friday, December 27, 2013

waiting and preparing

In early November, Natalie and I put up our Christmas lights.  Around Thanksgiving we put up our Christmas tree and other Christmas decorations.  After that we start to listen to more Christmas music (yes more because Natalie starts listening to Christmas music in early November).  We start to drive around Holland to look at the lights and Christmas decorations that others have put up.  We watch Christmas movies.  We wait for snow to fall and make everything look like Christmas.  We go to Christmas parties, we go to Christmas events downtown.  We buy gifts for our families.  All in anxious preparation of the season.  The Christmas season is a time of waiting and preparation.

I can't help but think it is the same for Natalie and I right now in the adoption process.  We are waiting and preparing.  Preparing and waiting.  Waiting for a child to join our family.  I have to admit that the waiting is hard, I am not a patient person.  I like things to happen on my time, when I want them to happen.  I am like the kid who can't wait to open up his Christmas gift.  Yet this is a season of waiting and preparing.  My tendency is to want to rush through it and get to the end.  However, I want to slow down and enjoy this season.  Much like I did with the Christmas season this year.  I am seeking to enjoy the waiting and preparing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment