Last week, I wrote that we were about $1300 away from being at our first quarter goal. The next day, Mike sent me a picture of a check that someone had sent us for the adoption. Now, we're about $800 away. The Lord keeps providing for us and encouraging us, and it's amazing. He told us "let me work" and He has...He is blowing us away with His perfect timing in all things. Mike told me later that the day we received the check in the mail, he woke up thinking about the adoption process and that he had prayed "Lord, $1300 seems far away and I don't know how it's going to happen" (or something along those lines) and then while opening the mail at lunch, found that check and a note. We were also given the opportunity to help run an estate sale and half of the profits will go to our baby fund. You guys...the Lord told us to be still and let Him work...we have not gone fishing for any of this, we have been given opportunities and people have been generous. We know that this process is to show people His glory and I would be leaving out a huge part of the story if I did not acknowledge how I have seen His glory in this process. He is showing me how loving He is, how good He is, how He provides, and how He keeps His promises. Step by step He leads and provides us enough for each day.
"Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope: Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, “The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for him.”
(Lamentations 3:21-24)
God is so good. His benefits are unlimiting!!
ReplyDelete