Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, to Him to be glory in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen. {Ephesians 3:20}

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

An update about our journey!

Before I start writing, I want to set up the scene of this blog entry for you guys. Mike and I are sitting together in a cozy coffee house booth, listening to them play very indie sounding music (you know the kind of music where you are fairly certain that they are saying something because you can kinda hear, but you aren't sure if those words are actual words or just random syllables that the artist put together to sound "original" or whatever) drinking fancy-pants coffees (well, Mike is...I got a mocha), both in our professional work clothes, and typing on our computers...haha, we look SO much more "cultured" and serious than we really are! If these other people only knew that before I started typing, I was looking at the humor page on Pinterest and that I am now laughing at how I feel like I'm an imposter in this super serious culture around me! 

Anyway, now that I have the scene for you (you're welcome for that, by the way)...as of Friday night, we are at our first quarter goal for the adoption! And as of today, we are now $300-$400 into the next quarter that will be due after the home studies are complete. Praise and glory be to God alone, for He has provided! I often go back and re-read previous entries, and I am blown away at how far we have come since 8 weeks ago. The next step in this journey is to send in all the paperwork with the first payment! We filled out all the paperwork months ago, so we need to go back and make sure that everything is still up to date. Then, its education classes, home studies, and good stuff like that! We are beyond excited!! I can't wait to snuggle our sweet little babe...

I wanted to share an experience with you all, since I share pretty much every other experience with you. On Monday morning, as I was getting ready for my first appointment of the day, I started to just think about the baby and this whole process, and (surprise, surprise) my thoughts started to turn into worry. I get caught up in the silliest of worries sometimes. As I was worrying loudly to myself, the Lord spoke to me. Not in an audible voice, but a very quiet, gentle, yet still firm enough so that I couldn't over think it - He said "Natalie, stop it...I've got this. Enjoy this time." Enjoy.  The definition of the word enjoy is this (according to Bing):
  1. find something pleasing: to take pleasure in something
  2. have use of something: to have the full and satisfying use or benefit of something
  3. benefit from circumstances: to benefit from a desirable condition or situation

He spoke to my heart, once again, that He is in control. He told me to stop worrying about things that I cannot control and to enjoy this time...enjoy this process. Enjoy watching Him work and provide, enjoy the planning, enjoy the learning, enjoy the experiences and the miracles, enjoy the last few months of being free to go and do whenever we want. Enjoy the peace that He is offering me. Enjoy the fact that this whole thing was His plan to begin with! Enjoy this time.


It was one of the sweetest moments that I can ever remember, between me and my Lord. Enjoy...and rejoice in the fact that He wants me to enjoy this. 

One more little thing before I save and publish, I want you all to know how thankful Mike and I are for you. I just started a little scrapbook of the notes and memories from our adoption process so far. It is so precious to me and I want to always remember how many people we had walking this journey with us. One day, our sweet baby can look through it and see how many people were waiting with us and how much they are wanted and loved. <3

1 comment:

  1. This no.. "Like" button on this? lol Needless, Praising the Lord with you two! Love you!

    ReplyDelete