I read this quote yesterday:
Every
life tells a story...we tell our story and we let God's story be told
through our lives. We tell God's story as we live and discover our own.
We know that God is a storyteller...and I don't know if there's anything
better in the world than when we lay ourselves wide open and let His
story become our story, when we screw up our fists and our courage and
start to tell the truest, best stories we know, which are always God's
stories.
(Shauna Niequist, Cold Tangerines)
As Mike and I walk this journey, I have to continue to think about this. That nothing is random, or late, or early, or not important. Everything is significant and I want all of it to point to His faithfulness and His sovereignty. Each conversation is important, every gift is amazing, the times I'm impatient, the moments of uncertainty, and the moments of joy...they all matter. All of these things are a part of the story of my life. And they are a part of the story of our baby's life too.
I cannot wait for the day when the story gets to the part of our baby in our arms. (If it were a Hallmark movie, I would for sure watch it over and over again, going through boxes and boxes of tissue). But, I don't want to try and fast forward through this part of the story. I want to see the little moments that seem "insignificant" and rest in the knowledge that He is always working. He is the best author and the story that He is writing with my life shows how Great He is. May He been seen throughout my whole story...
truth.
ReplyDelete