Throughout my teenaged years, and some of my 20s, I spent my summers out in Colorado at Twin Peaks Bible Camp- first as a camper, then as a counselor. It was there, my very first summer out there, as I sat on the mini golf course by myself one night, that I felt God calling me to do something bigger than I could imagine. I didn't know what He was calling me to, I just knew that His plans were greater than mine could ever be.
Every morning at camp, we would all gather around the flag pole and raise the flag, say the pledge, and pray. We would also sing "I'm so glad, I'm a part of the family of God. I've been washed in the fountain, cleansed by His blood. Joint heirs with Jesus as we travel this sod - for I'm part of the family...the family of God." (Before I get to my main point, I would like to point out that until I was about 19, I thought the words were "join ears with Jesus as we travel this song...") It makes much more sense with the correct words...
On to my point. The family of God. Since deciding to do the garage sale, I have seen so many people help out and love as a family would do. Some actually are family, some friends, and some are people that I don't know...but all are showing me Jesus. The family of God has loved, supported, and prayed with and for us.
The family of God has also meant something a little different to me this past year. Mike and I pray that our baby's parents and caregivers all know Jesus...and that one day, maybe not here in this life, we will all be reunited together with Jesus. A big 'ole family reunion. The family of God. So many who loved Jesus and because of that love, gave life to our child. Our baby (as an orphan) has a bigger family than they might ever know.
A family should work together for the good of everyone in the family because they genuinely love and care for each other. Part of the reason that I love this journal is because I want to be reminded of things like this as I go through life. I am so blessed to have you all be a part of our family.
you guys may be the only people on the planet who are interceding for your child's birth parents/grandparents/siblings/etc. God is never accidental - i love how He builds His kingdom. join me in praying for sasha and yuri and their birth mamas. and may Jesus Christ be praised!!
ReplyDeleteS, as I continue to pray for that little girl in Russia, who we believe the Lord places on our hearts for a reason, I will also pray for your precious boys and their birth moms...Heaven will be a glorious reunion.
ReplyDelete