I have been thinking about this blog for the past week or so and saying "I need to write in there". I like the idea of being able to look back on these words years from now and see how the Lord provided and moved. I can already do that from what I have written since our journey started. Writing has also become a way for me to clear my head. It is something that soothes my soul and helps me organize my feelings...sometimes, I find myself writing whole entries in my head if I don't have time to sit down at the computer and update. This journal has become a way of worship and extremely therapeutic for me!
The Lord has guided and provided for us since my last entry. Along with another couple from our church, who are in the process of adopting a little girl from China, we have decided to hold a big 'ole garage sale in the parking lot of our church.(September 6th and 7th for all you local people who want to buy our stuff!) ;-) Different people from the church have said they will donate things they have made or they have, and all the proceeds go to of the families adoptions and to the adoption fund that is being started at the church. Our hope is that this can become an annual event, building the adoption fund and helping to bring more children home. Mike and I had some things for the garage sale, but not much...with every move, I like to go through our things and donate what we haven't used. (I hate clutter) However, my parents brought over things to donate to the garage sale and other friends have been so generous, saying that they have things to donate as well! While this garage sale probably won't bring in the entire amount that we need (that would take people wanting to pay like $100 for a used book, haha!), this will help and every little bit helps.
We also want to eventually start a tax-deductible fund through an organization that supports adoptive families...giving families a way to help out in their local community, while raising awareness and money from helping other people in their community. We need to be to a certain point in our adoption process to sign up with organizations like that however, so for now we have set up a PayPal account and linked it to this blog. I don't want you, as friends, to feel like we expect anyone to donate money to this or that these writings are a way to just advertise. I cherish my relationships with you all and there are no words to express how grateful I am for the support we have received from people who read and follow our story. We feel your prayers and the kindness and love we have been shown is extraordinary. Please don't ever stop. The further we go into is process, the more we will need! As I wrote before, this is journey of ups and downs...and we know it will continue in that roller coaster way. If you feel like you would like to donate money, we thank you. No matter what the support is that you show our little family, you a playing a huge role. <3
No comments:
Post a Comment