Be diligent in these matters; give yourself wholly to them, so that everyone may see your progress
(1 Timothy 4:15)
I'm not sure why this is making me as nervous as it is. Actually, that's not true - I totally know, but to type it and see it in a font isn't so nice. I'm nervous to tell "the world" because I cannot guarantee a certain ending to this. I have my hopes of bringing our baby home and living happily ever after, but if you can take the time to read the previous entries, I have learned that all I really want is for God's name to be glorified. And it will be. He promises this.
We're on the journey to adopt from Ethiopia. It's scary and it's exciting. We are starting the process of the paperwork (side-note: I saw a pin on Pinterest today that said "No morning sickness, but the paper-cuts are terrible" and it is extremely true), saving our dollars, and (like my last post said) watching the Lord provide. Example of this: the same day that I wrote my last post, someone told us that they want to give monthly until our baby is home.
"therefore do not worry about tomorrow..."
(Matthew 6:34)
If you think of it, remember us in your prayers. Pray for our journey, for our marriage, for our baby's health and safety, for our baby's birth mother and for his or her caregivers - our prayer is that they know the Lord and His merciful protection. Please pray for continual provision and that our lives represent the One we live for.
And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless for the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ—to the glory and praise of God.
(Philippians 1: 9-11)
God never promises easy, but He always promises good.
ReplyDeletemy heart is full of joy for you. but my heart also understands all the stuff that's mixed in with the joy. keep giving thanks - it's a remedy for so much that ails us as we wait and struggle with disbelief.
*hug*
Thank you...you are such a blessing to me!! *hug*
Delete