To be honest, when I first made this blog public I was nervous...and a little anxious. Once something is on the internet, it's forever on the internet! My mind was (and since I'm being honest, I'll admit that it still is) filled with hesitation. "What if the adoption doesn't end up happening? We'll look so foolish." "People might not understand." "Did the Lord really say what I think I heard?" But, so far, Mike and I have received nothing but support and encouragement from those we have shared this with. I am beyond humbled and so thankful for that. I love that this child will come into our life with so many people already loving him or her. What a blessing! And for me to know that my child and those that will be in his or her life are already being covered in prayers for love, safety, and protection brings tears to my eyes and such joy to my heart. Our child is already so blessed by you.
While we've been so blessed by others so far, I have to realize that not everyone will agree, or like, or support us. I realize that some may have their own opinions. Stepping out in faith is scary and while I would love to give a specific time line with facts and details and guarantee a specific outcome, I cannot. The only thing I can guarantee is that His name will be glorified. This is the Lord's plan...I definitely would not have planned this! Mike and I want to be faithful to Him and some may not understand. That's okay. I can't make someone understand or even agree. The only thing that I can do is be faithful. To do what He's asking me to do, and to go where He's asking me to go...which apparently is Russia. :-)
After realizing that the Lord was directing us towards Russian Adoption, we found a picture frame at a local store in downtown Holland. It says "I prayed for this child." It's sitting on our bedroom dresser and I cannot wait until there is a sweet little face in that frame. <3
"Adoption is a redemptive response to a tragedy that happens in this broken world. And every single day it is worth it because adoption is God's heart (Kisses from Katie) Thank you, Jess...this quote is perfect!
Love you guys so much!!!
ReplyDelete