Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, to Him to be glory in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen. {Ephesians 3:20}

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

I'm having a hard time knowing how to start this post because I don't want to my writing to take away from any of the amazingness (spell check doesn't like that word, but I do so I'm leaving it) of the events of this past Wednesday night. I've been trying to write this entry since Thursday!


Mike and I are so blessed to be a part of a church that not only supports adoption and foster care, they are making it a priority to encourage and support those of us that are feeling called to adopt or do foster care. So this past Wednesday night, a group of 50 or so gathered to pray and ask the Lord to continue to lead, to make paths clear, and for His blessing. Mike went right as it started, but I had a meeting at work so I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to make it. 

As my meeting was ending, I checked the time and saw that if I went to church, I would only be there for the last 15 minutes so I decided to just head home. But, as I was driving, I felt the Lord telling me to go to church. So I went (and I'm so thankful I did!). After a few minutes of praying, the pastor asked if everyone who was adopting/fostering/feeling the Lord call them to stand and let everyone else know how God was working and how He was calling them. It was a strange sort of wonderfulness to say out loud "we're adopting". Almost like it made it more official or something. Then, those of us standing went to the front of the church and everyone else gathered around us, laying hands on us and praying specifically. Our sweet friend, Nancy prayed over us...asking the Lord to continue to lead, that He would provide, and that He was encourage. 


I "know" the Lord provides and answers prayer, yet sometimes (most times) I find myself very shocked when it happens. (You'd think I'd learn). But, what happened after we were done praying was so amazing, I had a hard time believing it was really happening! A woman who we had seen at church before, but had never spoken to came up to us. She said "Okay, this is weird. But, I have $250 that God wants me to give to you. Will you follow me to the bank?". It was incredible. God not only answered prayer, He did less that 5 minutes after Nancy prayed for it! 


So, Mike and I followed her to the bank, and then right there in the parking lot, we prayed with her and her children. She prayed for us, so excited that the Lord was asking her to help us and prayed for our child. It was so humbling. As she was blessing us, she was thanking the Lord. It was one of the most amazing moments of my life. God is faithful...He is Good...and He is continuing to orchestrate this amazing, beautiful song.

We opened a savings account this weekend for our adoption. The amount the Lord blessed us with last Wednesday, was half of the application fee for our adoption agency. <3. We are blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment