Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, to Him to be glory in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen. {Ephesians 3:20}

Monday, March 14, 2016

A room for 2...and a home for 4

This is a very exciting update to write to you. In the past week, our "extra room" has been transformed into "the kids room". And because of that transformation, our last 2 home visits were turned into one home visit and our licenser is working on writing up our home study and sending it to Lansing. Then hopefully, the state will approve it right away and we will be able to be put into the system as a home for children who are waiting to be adopted. We have room for 2 children in our home! On a journey where NOTHING has moved fast, this last week has seemed very out of place. And scary. And a little stressful. But, it's so incredibly wonderful.

I love walking into the room and looking around. I see so many miracles. I see my grandpas hope chest that we refinished a few years ago. It fits perfectly at the end of the bed. The bed that has the mattress from Mike's parents and a teddy bear that I was given in high school. I see a book shelf with my "I prayed for this child" frame on the top and a shelf full of books. Books from my childhood, books that friends have given us to read to our little ones, books with little notes written in them. I see the dresser that my parents bought when they were expecting me. In that dresser there are clothes and diapers and little baby things from "Hope". Above it is a picture from my aunt and uncle and a star mobile that my sister bought when we started this long process 4 years ago. The beautiful crib we got from a local church who refinishes cribs, making sure they are safe, and gives them to couples who are waiting for babies. A mattress that "Hope" also gave to us. And art from my parents. And then I see some art that I found and that made me cry in Hobby Lobby. It says "You are our best adventure". It's a room that full of miracles and dreams. And I can't believe that it's finally there.

It was a hard week. Mike was sicker than he has been in years and I was stressed. We needed to have the room emptied of what was in it (which was a lot!), put children things in it, and other things done for our home by Friday at 3pm, we were both working, and at one point during the week, I wasn't sure it was going to happen. But, God is good. He gave me friends to encourage and walk along side of me. (Side note: Hope and Held, I'm so thankful for our "in the trenches" friendship. Thanks for walking through your journeys as I walk through mine. One day, all of our little people will be able to play in the same room and I can't write anymore about that because I feel like I want to cry. I love you both.) God made sure that we never felt alone. He made sure that we were able to stop and experience the miracles and the joy, even when it would make more sense to stay stressed and worry. He gave us the blessing of picture texts, so I could send pictures to my family and they could be a part of it. He gave us the blessing of a water heater that got the water temperature down the the right number (wasn't sure it was going to happen at first!) and He was present at our final visit.

You guys...the room is ready. And we're officially farther in the process than we've ever been for any country. And this room, is what it looks like when dreams start to come true. God is good and our hearts full...but with room for 2.


  

1 comment: