Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, to Him to be glory in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen. {Ephesians 3:20}

Monday, October 26, 2015

November 2nd!

Okay, so our first home study is November 2nd. We have turned in our legal paper work, we're waiting to hear when we can go get finger printed, and we're waiting on the dates for PRIDE training...so, lots of details in a short phrase: we're rolling, people! 

It is exciting that we're moving on things. After the processes that we've been through, it's encouraging to have things go so fast. BUT, that does not mean that I haven't had my moments/days/maybe an entire weekend of doubt and anxiety and questioning. My latest struggle has been "God, I feel like I'm finally at a point where I'm okay...please don't let it hurt again". (Note to all: "What to Expect when You're Expecting" has an Ethiopian adoption story line and I sobbed...like headache, hiccups, ugliness type of crying. It was not pretty.) I'm still healing...and I'm so tentative to start this process again because of that. It's so scary, guys...faith is scary. Stepping out and following what we feel called to is scary. And it takes a lot of prayers of "God please just take this fear". So if you guys think about, please say a pray for us with that. I think I'm struggling more with it than Mike is, but me and my emotions are probably enough for him, haha. 

I've been sitting here for probably 10 minutes, trying to figure out if there is anything else to share tonight...I feel like this post should be a lot longer since I haven't updated in awhile. But, I think I need to leave it at what I have down. It's what's most prevalent on my heart right now and what I feel like I need to ask for prayer for...prayer for joy in this, prayer for peace, and faith, and against all things that are not of God - like fear and anxiety. 

I can't believe you're all still walking this journey with us...it's been a long time. Thank you for not forgetting about us and for not leaving us. We're real thankful for you. You're our "village" and our travel companions. You guys rock. :-) 


1 comment:

  1. Exciting to see how God has deepened your faith through this process. Faith is what will be required of you as you raise this little one. Love you bunches!

    ReplyDelete