Our vacation was amazing...it was a week spent camping RIGHT on the beach, waking up and falling asleep to the sound of the water is incredibly soothing and healing. The Lord really worked on continuing to heal my heart and to speak to my soul in a way that was even more soothing than the waves each day. He brought this passage to my mind: (this is the NLT version)
"God blesses those who are poor and realize their need for him,
for the Kingdom of Heaven is theirs.
for the Kingdom of Heaven is theirs.
God blesses those who mourn,
for they will be comforted.
for they will be comforted.
God blesses those who are humble,
for they will inherit the whole earth.
for they will inherit the whole earth.
God blesses those who hunger and thirst for justice,
for they will be satisfied.
for they will be satisfied.
God blesses those who are merciful,
for they will be shown mercy.
for they will be shown mercy.
God blesses those whose hearts are pure,
for they will see God.
for they will see God.
God blesses those who work for peace,
for they will be called the children of God.
for they will be called the children of God.
God blesses those who are persecuted for doing right,
for the Kingdom of Heaven is theirs.
for the Kingdom of Heaven is theirs.
(Matthew 5: 3-10)
This passage says that those who mourn are shown comfort...the Lord says it's okay to mourn, to take time, to realize that you're upset and hurt and confused...and it says that comfort WILL come. It also says I will realize my need for Him....that I will see God...and that I am a child of the Lord. And isn't that was life is really all about? It is. And I'm thankful for that.
Mike and I have continued to pray and to seek His guidance, and we still feel that we're asked to travel the road of adoption through the foster care system. We have both had our medical exams and we are ready to pick up our application.
We are also scared. I just told someone last week that I'm all done with making a list of "this, then this, then this...". I'm tired of planning and assuming and being way wrong. So, the only thing on my list is "pick up the application". After that, we'll see what is the next step. (Anyone else remembering the scene in "What About Bob?" when Bob gets the baby steps book? "Baby steps to the door. Baby steps to the elevator". I love that movie.)
Okay, back to the topic at hand. We're taking the "Baby Steps" right now, and while taking those little steps we are asking God to move in BIG ways. Knowing, as we have always known and as we have seen, that it's in the Lords hands. He knows the faces of our children and He knows their stories. And in a situation like adoption when parental rights have been taken away by the state, the fact that the Lord has our children in His hands is what I hold to. (I might write more about that later...it's something I give to the Lord on a daily basis).
Please don't stop praying for us. As soon as I pick up the application, I will let you all know and we'll continue on our "baby steps" process and excepting big moves from our God. We love you.

No comments:
Post a Comment