Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, to Him to be glory in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen. {Ephesians 3:20}

Sunday, June 14, 2015

Okay, here's our June 1st answer!

As of last night, we have told our parents the path we feel called to walk, so we can safely put it online. :-) We are planning on adopting a child through the foster care system! It's been nothing short of a crazy ride so I'll walk you all through our last month and a half...

One of the most difficult things about choosing an adoption avenue is that there is no wrong choice. Anyway we could adopt was a great way. But, that did not mean it was the way that the Lord had for our family. Being that last time, we felt that He was leading overseas for adoption, we got information on different international countries. We talked to different agencies. But, nothing felt "just right". So we looked at domestic infant adoption, but still didn't have the peace that we knew was possible. I got frustrated and scared and cried tears of mourning and tears of anger. (And looking back on it, I think those tears were a part of the grieving process for me. Grieving the loss of a dream...the loss of now two children that I knew and loved in my heart, but never in my arms.) I told the Lord "God, we're willing and we're ready - just point us in the direction you want us to go." but I didn't see writing on the wall or have any dreams. There was only silence for awhile.

About two weeks before June 1st, I started feeling a "nudge" in my soul. It was nudging me to look into foster care. I didn't not want this "nudge". It irritated me. Foster care adoption was how I wanted to grow my family since I was 17 (I will share that story later, it's worth it's own posting). I thought it was a little "rude" of God, if I'm being honest, because I was willing to do that when we started this! Why take us to two different countries when we'd end up right back here?? And I decided to not share it with Mike right away because I didn't believe it was real. All the while, I'm still praying for the Lord to point us in the right direction. (Yeah, I know - apparently I'm not a fast learner. Thank goodness for grace!!)

The Friday of Memorial Day weekend, Mike and I had the afternoon off of work and decided to kick off our weekend by going out to lunch. This "nudge" was quickly becoming a "shove" and so, on the way to lunch, I just blurted it out: "I think God wants us to adopt from foster care" and waited for his response. I'm not sure what I was expecting, but his answer of "yeah me too", was NOT it. So, in the next 3 minutes that it took us to get to where we were eating at, we had our answer. There wasn't a whole lot of discussion about it, actually...just peace and excitement. Just the way we knew it should be.

We've been talking with a few agencies since then and this past week have decided which one we think we're supposed to work with. We'll attend one of the orientation meetings and get the process started. We are so excited, guys. 

Last night, we were sitting outside, just enjoying the night, and I was just thinking about where we were this time last year. We were about to have our final home study and I was a nervous wreck. I was worried about pretty much everything and the Lord brought us through it. I don't know all of the reasons why we've walked through what we have in this journey, but I can tell you - without the slightest doubt in my mind - that I have seen miracles in our journey. I have seen Him provide, and I have seen Him work, I have felt His peace and His joy, I have been in darkness but with the knowledge that I'm not alone there. I have no reason to believe that it was an accident. I believe fully we have walked what we should have and that the two precious souls we have prayed for, exist. I'm thankful for these wild, wild years we've had and even though I'm still cautious at times, I know He has a plan. I refuse to not dream and hope for the future. 

So there's our news, friends...our amazing and exciting news!!! Our news that is worthy of celebration and of endless praises to Him. As we start this new path, we ask that you continue to pray for us. And we ask that you pray for our child. Pray for protection for them, for the gentle spirit of the Lord to be with them wherever they are.

We have been so humbled and are so thankful for all the support we've been shown. Your calls, texts, emails, talks, hugs, and prayers have been incredible. I know that your prayers are what got us through some of our hard moments. Thank you for walking with us, for praying for and with us, for crying with us, and for hoping with us. You have been vital to our journey and we love you for that. So, here we go...may the Lord be glorified in our journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment