I don't know how to type the sound of a drum-roll..."bbbrrrrrrr..."? That just sounds like I'm trying to type out the sound of being cold. I can't figure out the proper drum-roll sound.
Anyway. Drum-roll please......because of you and the matching grant, we have the amount of money that we need to pay when we turn in our Dossier! AND the money we are saving now is the money that is due when we accept the referral of our child!! After that amount, we start saving for the trips to Ethiopia (4 round trip plane tickets to Africa is no joke!) and the final amount that is due at the end of our adoption process. You guys...this is happening and I'm so excited and I'm so amazed and I'm so thankful.
You all know how much I've let the cost of international adoption worry me. It's a very significant amount of money that I didn't see how we would be able to pay by ourselves, but the Lord said to me in the beginning: "watch me work" and I have and I'm amazed. And we haven't had to do it by ourselves...none of this journey has been walked alone. He has provided you! He has used all of you, friends, and your willingness to give and to help and to pray and to walk with us. So, thank you. Your kindness has shown me Jesus.
Everything that's happened in this adoption process has been wild to me and nothing I ever expected. But, what I think amazes me the most (and something I am so thankful for) is the friendships that I have made and that have been able to grow through it. I sit here at the computer and sometimes just throw my emotions on the screen, and sometimes wonder if any of it makes sense...or if I'm driving you guys crazy with my "happy/sad peaceful/freaked out" see-saw of words and posts. When people tell me "oh I read your blog" I almost feel like I should apologize because sometimes all I see on the screen is a hot mess of emotions. And I feel like I should have a significant update about our adoption process every time I write. I feel like I might be boring with all my "up and downs". But, those emotions are real to me and what I'm going through, and the willingness of you guys to stick with me just makes my heart feel so...cozy (for lack of a word that fully describes it!).
I've been reading a book about the Amish community (haha, don't judge) and while I could not see myself as ever being able to be Amish (it would make blogging and Instragramming a little difficult), I love the way that they surround those in their community and help when needed. It reminds me of the phrase "it takes a village to raise a child". You guys have been my village...you have been my community in this. Please don't stop.
So there is our latest update. It's so exciting, guys...so exciting and so wonderful. To God be the glory.

No comments:
Post a Comment