Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, to Him to be glory in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen. {Ephesians 3:20}

Thursday, November 20, 2014

The update I wanted to do Tuesday!

Okay, so first the random things:
- I wanted to write this entry on Tuesday after I posted on Facebook but didn't have the time. It's been swirling around my head since then!
- I'm convinced that grey (gray?) is the most comfortable color there is and my entire outfit right now is grey (Gray? Seriously, how do you spell that?) The comfort level of it completely trumps the fact that it's not the most fashionable thing I've ever worn. 
- Christmas stuff goes up this weekend and I'm currently listening to the Canadian Brass Holiday channel on Pandora. I could listen to this stuff all day...that and Josh Groban. But let's be honest about it, I could listen to any Christmas music and be so happy about it.

Alright, now that that is out of the way! On to the update! Two entries ago, I had asked if you would pray that our LifeSong account would be processed before the end of the year. We had just sent it all in and knew it would probably take 8 weeks before we heard anything from them.

Tuesday morning, around 5am, I woke up worrying. I was worrying about our LifeSong account and the dark voices in my head were trying to get me to travel down the path of "what if". I forced myself to rebuke those voices and was able to go back to sleep with the knowledge that worrying at 5am (and actually worrying about it at all) wasn't going to do any good, and that I knew God had promised me that our whole adoption process is in His hands. The fact that I was able to go back to sleep was, in itself, a bit of a miracle. God is loving. 

After being able to get a few more hours of sleep, I woke up and actually didn't think about LifeSong at all - until I got a phone call from them. As I listened to the message she left for me, asking that I call her back so we could discuss some things, I got that sick-cold feeling in my stomach...it's like when someone says "we need to talk". I don't like to admit that, I'd love to tell you that I heard her message and thought immediately "I'm so full of peace and joy", but that would be a lie. I was nervous because it hadn't been 8 weeks and I just got worried and let myself think about the worse case scenario. 

So I called her back and she answered right away. She introduced herself and asked me how everything was going. I told her it was good, the process is slow, but that we were hoping our LifeSong account was able to be set up this year because we have a donor who would like to claim it on this years taxes as a deduction. Now, I don't know the whole purpose of the call, but it sounded to me like the call was just to get to know us a little better and talk about our application. But, this beautiful hearted woman said "Oh! I can understand that! I don't normally do this, but when we get off the phone, I'll walk down to the other office and make sure your account is set up today so you can make sure that donation get in this year!" You guys, I could have cried. I think I thanked her about 20 times. 

As our conversation went on, she asked me about where we lived and what church we went too. I told her, and she told me that Holland is one of her favorite vacation spots - she and her husband visit often - LifeSong isn't out of Michigan. (I told her to save my number and to call me when she comes in next time, that she and her husband were invited to dinner. I totally meant it too and really hope she does!!)  She also told me that her daughter-in-law was from the same area that I grew up in. So many little connections! 

So many little connections that I could easily say "well it's a small world" and gloss over, but these little details are SO precious to me. Little details, to me, show how intimately the Lord loves us. How He knows me and my life and that I like to make connections with people. It also shows me how important our child's life is.

I have known all along that our child's life will touch other peoples lives. I know our child is special...I know that the Lord has a greater plan for them that I could only imagine. I know our child is His child. I know that our child's life is already changing mine and the lives of those around our family. I know that He promised His glory to be seen...and it has been, it is, and it will be. 

I don't want to gloss over this acceptance to LifeSong...I don't want to not notice the little blessings in letting me connect with that lady. I don't want to forget the peace and ability to go back to sleep and not worry. I don't want to not acknowledge that it wasn't 8 weeks before we heard back. I don't want to just "check this off the list" and not stop to breath in deep the goodness of God. I think we can get too busy in life...and miss the miracles that are happening around us everyday. I don't want to not thank the Lord that people want to give to our adoption. So many blessings all around me...I want to stop and take them all in. I don't want this to just become another "thing we do for our adoption".

This last weekend, Mike and I went up to my aunt and uncles hunting cabin for opening weekend of gun hunting. It was so beautiful this time of year...about a foot of snow, and one night a sky full of stars. If it wasn't snowy and super cold, I would have laid there for hours just watching the stars. I realized that each of those stars are there for a reason...He knows each star. He designed each snowflake on the ground. So much precision and detail goes into stars and snowflakes...and those weren't created in His image - we were. Our journey is like a perfect tiny snowflake...so intricately designed.

Thank you for your prayers - you are all also playing such a beautiful and important role in this. And Mike will be setting up a link for the tax delectable link on here. I love to write and tell our story, but the technology aspect of this blog is all him!!

I don't know that I will update again before Thanksgiving, so just in case that I don't please know that Mike and I both consider you someone that we are thankful for this year. We are thankful for this journey and we are thankful for our babe. Have a good Thanksgiving, friends - we love you. 


No comments:

Post a Comment