Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, to Him to be glory in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen. {Ephesians 3:20}

Sunday, February 23, 2014

Second home study prayer request

Happy sunshine-y Sunday! Well, I guess depending on where you are, it may not be sunny (or Sunday) but here, it's so sunny and beautiful. I have all the blinds open and want so badly to open up the windows and get a breeze inside, but just because the sun is out, doesn't mean it's above freezing (which it definitely isn't)....open windows and blasting furnace doesn't really make a lot of sense to me right now. Maybe in a few weeks when it's not 25 degrees outside!

So this Thursday is our second (of three) home studies. The name "home study" is a little deceiving, because only the last of the three is here at our home.  They want to know about the home that the child will be in - which is more about Mike and I, then it is about the actual walls and floors of our house. The first two are at our adoption agency. This particular home study involves Mike and I each filling out a questionnaire with a Procter in the room (so we can't talk about our answers) and then we will each talk to our case worker individually about our questionnaire answers. Our case worker says this one will take about 4 hours, from beginning to end.

Truthfully, I'm a little apprehensive about it. I tend to have test anxiety. And I know that this isn't a test, there really aren't any right or wrong answers - it's just going to be asking about my life, my dreams, my opinions, my goals...but, it still feels little "test like" to me. In college, Mike and I could study together for the same exam and I would know all the answers, and then we would talk about the questions after the exam was over and I would be able to again give all the correct answers...then we would get our grades and he would get an "A" and I would get a "D".  I somehow develop amnesia while the exam is in front of me! It's insanely frustrating. And again, I know this isn't an exam and that they aren't looking for a certain answer, but it's still a little intimidating to me. I wish I could just blog for this one! (and now I'm laughing out loud because our poor case worker would have to put in major overtime to read everything!) 

So I'm asking for your prayers...prayers for peace and calm, and prayers that the Lord will keep this joy in my heart, and squash any anxiety, while answering the questions so that my focus stays where it should. Thank you, friends! I will, of course, let you all know how it goes. Much love.

No comments:

Post a Comment