Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, to Him to be glory in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen. {Ephesians 3:20}

Monday, November 18, 2013

To my sweet child...

Facebook has been hot with the trend of people making a list of a number of random facts about themselves. It got me thinking of things that I want our child to know about us and things that I hope for them. So here's what I have so far:

  • You were not born by chance. You were born with a purpose and were created perfectly. 
  • I have been dreaming about being your mom since I was a little girl. This does not mean that I will be a perfect mom who has everything together, but it does mean that you are a dream come true for me.  
  • I will ALWAYS hug and kiss you. So will your daddy. Just go with it because it's not going to stop.
  • Christmas decorations will go up early and stay up past New Years...I hope you like the holidays!!
  • It's okay to be who you are - in fact, I want that for you. Embrace the little quirks and what makes you different from everyone else - these things are what make you special.
  • I'm already praying for whoever it is that you will marry. 
  • If there is one thing that I want for your life, it's that you love the Lord more than anything else. He is the only thing in life that will satisfy your soul. 
  • Dance parties are not only fun, but sometimes they are necessary to clear your head.
  • I want you to know that no matter what you're going through, I will be here to listen to you. 
  • Life isn't always going to be fun and easy. It's going to hurt sometimes and sometimes you will want to give up. But, it's worth fighting for. 
  • You won't always have control of what happens to you, but you can choose how you react to it. 
  • Negativity is a sickness that will eat your soul - don't let yourself catch it. 
  • Sometimes, we'll have movie marathons and stay in pajamas all day long. It's okay to relax. Don't feel bad about saying that you need a break and time to rest.
  • It's okay to cry when you're sad. Crying doesn't mean weakness. 
  • Your daddy and I will always love you - no matter what. 
  • We're allergic to cats and some dogs, I'm so sorry, but you will never have a pet with fur.
  • You will also never have a snake for a pet. I'm not sorry about that one. 
  • Christians aren't going to always treat you like they should - don't judge Christ by Christians that you see. We are ALL saved by grace. 
  • If you need help with math...or history...or science, ask your dad. I'm not going to be of much help.
  • Don't be mean...even if everyone else is. Remember that every person you see was created by God. Stand up for injustice. 
  • We celebrate life in our family.
I love you so much, sweet baby...the fact that you are waiting for us at the end of this journey, makes everything worth it.

1 comment:

  1. Your Aunt Donna & Uncle Mike love you to heaven and back. You can't keep your pet snake at our house either. Sorry ....... I don't like snakes.

    ReplyDelete