Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, to Him to be glory in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen. {Ephesians 3:20}

Sunday, June 24, 2012

 "Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope: Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, “The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for him." The Lord is good to those whose hope is in him,to the one who seeks him;  it is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord
(Lamentations 3:21-26)

These verses were read at church this morning, and I couldn't stop thinking about how it applied so much to how we're feeling about our adoption. His mercies never fail...during all of our tearful prayers of asking for a child, He had this planned. We felt the call to be parents...great is His faithfulness. Never in a million, trillion years did we think we would pursue a Russian adoption, but we already love a sweet face that we haven't seen. Our hope is in Him.

The story of Elijah was also read this morning...

 "...the prophet Elijah stepped forward and prayed: “Lord, the God of Abraham, Isaac and Israel, let it be known today that you are God in Israel and that I am your servant and have done all these things at your command.  Answer me, Lord, answer me, so these people will know that you, Lord, are God, and that you are turning their hearts back again.” 
(1 Kings 18:36-37).
  
This really "got" me too...Mike and I desire to be faithful with our lives and our marriage - and He has called us towards this adoption. It is our prayer that through this journey of adoption, people's eyes are drawn towards the Lord. We want people to know that He is God. I feel that each and every little step in this journey should be shared because this journey is amazing. It doesn't make "sense" for us to Internationally adopt...especially from the most expensive country. Each and every dollar saved or given is a miracle. Every person we connect with, each story we hear, everything we learn and experience is because of Him. This journey is for His glory. He has grown a love for a precious Russian baby that we don't know...His plan has become the desire of our hearts. And we get to experience this! We get to see the Lord provide...we get to see Him change hearts, as He has already changed ours...we get to become a family of 3. It amazes me...

No comments:

Post a Comment